Monday, May 13, 2013

Southern Charm

I am fascinated by America's forts. I feel a sense of patriotism, pride, and dedication. Some of these places have seen horrific battle, and heartbreaking tragedy. The workmanship...unbelievable. Each brick laid tediously and individually. There are many meticulous architectural  details. I love touring our old battlegrounds, rich in history and culture. There is something so appealing about the next few images I captured while on vacation with my husband in the deep south off the Georgia/Florida  Eastern coastline. Amelia Island is truly a treasure. We look to go new places on our Anniversary each year. We were hoping for warmer weather, since our anniversary is at the end of December and it's cold around our home. It wasn't too much warmer than home, but the beauty and relaxation was wonderful! Fort Clinch, images featured below, never saw battle however. It's beauty holding a sense of security more than tragedy...a must see!
OK, I admit it, I sprawled out in the grass for this one above. That was fun and really I could have napped.
 
This tunnel is under the grounds of Fort Clinch.  
I love the natural light in this particular capture above. Although this fort never saw battle, it was home to many soldiers for training. To be a kid playing in all the secret corridors, racing up and down the winding rock stairs! Wouldn't that be a blast? 
Almost all the comforts of home....just love the colonial feel....and right outside these walls?
Well the beautiful Atlantic Ocean of course!
Can't you hear the waves crashing against the rocks? Me too...time to go back.
 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment